Invalid operator/missing operand error

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Invalid operator/missing operand error

Postby GaryH » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:54 am

I've started getting this message just after running Retailman (just before the login screen) I just click Ignore and then the program runs as usual with no noticeable errors.

However I'm a bit wary and am wondering what the cause of this error could be. I've tried restoring a backup, as well as running a reindex but it still occurs. The only thing left to try is to reinstall Retailman, but I'm not keen on doing that as the last reinstall (using version 1.50.83) refused to read any of my backups. The current version I'm using is 1.60.27 (trial).
GaryH
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:49 am

The error you are encountering could be due to the Windows screen size you are using, it will only show on systems that use a screen resolutions not currently supported by RM. The currently supported screen resolutions are 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024. However, the new version 1.60.28 will add support to all new resolutions that are above the base resolution of 800x600. This version will be out next week.
To fix the bug for now, just bring the Windows resolution back to any of the above mentioned ones, however, the error message (although annoying) does not cause any harm to the data or your system, it just tells you something is not correct.
sami
Site Admin

Postby GaryH » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:22 pm

Thanks for the info Sami. Just to clarify, the exact error is Operator/operand type mismatch (the staff member who reported it somehow got it muddled - that'll teach me to check for myself next time). The station is running at 1024x768.

I should be registered and using the multi-user version by next week so hopefully 1.60.28 will fix it.
GaryH
Standard

new version next week

Postby neilrobb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:30 pm

I'm really excited about the new version. I'd love to have a list of fixes from the prvious version. Is there a posibility this could be shipped with the latest release? I notice there is a bug fix list on the main .com Ezi Solution website but this doesn't cover up till the latest release.

Like the previous user, and after such a long trial, its possible we will be registering a two user version of the next release now we have our pole display working (thanks to WASP technologies and Graham - and Sami I think)

Best

Neil Robb
France
neilrobb
Standard

Return to Retail-Man