Trade or Wholesale Prices

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Well Done Graham

Postby raja » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Thanks 4 setting up this Forum. I recently upgraded to 1.60.28b from 1.60.27. On POS instead of Retail it generates Trade or Whole Prices and for items with no trade or wholesale price it is zero. Also it is posting the sale to a different account instead of Cash Drawer Account. How so I fix this?
raja
Standard

Postby sami » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:31 pm

With pricing, you have to check all settings in the MAINTENANCE > SYSTEM SETUP and also in MAINTENANCE > USER SETTNGS > Settings. To fix the wrong account posting, go to MAINTENANCE> PAYMENTS and check the accounts there and fix accordingly.
You also need to download and install the latest www.ezisolution.com/rmuk_1_60_28.exe
sami
Site Admin

Thanx Sami

Postby raja » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 pm

I have tried all this but no luck.All POS sale is posted to A/C 1302 instead of 1001-Cash Drawer. Yet the c/purchase payments are being posted to cash drawer. Please provide any further ideas.Rgds.Raja
raja
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:21 am

Hi Raja,
Can you please email me the file PAYMENT.DBF from the RMAN folder, I will chaeck if for you and verify if the payments accounts are the correct ones and will let you know. the email to send the file to is sami@ezisolution.com
sami
Site Admin

Hi Sami

Postby raja » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:26 am

Hi Sami,

I sent you the payment.dbf file on your e-mail address. I you will be able to identify the problem n suggest a solution. Also unable to download the updated user manual. The site dosen,t open.

Rgds RAJA
raja
Standard

Postby sami » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi Raja,

Have not received your payments.dbf file as of yet, I did receive an email from you but it had no attachment, so please email it back.
sami
Site Admin

Hi Sami

Postby raja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Thanks 4 ur e-mail.I did copy the modified files and it messed up everything.So i had to uninstall n re-install.wht is happening now is that POS sales are going to cash drawer account but on the credit side as with purchase payments.To i saw the latest upgrade so I will try that. Also is it not possible to have a payroll and employee details in the software.

Bye n best regards from Raja.
raja
Standard

Postby Jaeger » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi Raja,
Not wanting to step on Sami's toes and not sure what your problems are with payments but we had some problems with reconciling the tills and making sense of what we were seeing on the reports.

We had changed the order of the Payments on the payments screen.

We changed back to the default Payment order and that fixed it. Running 2 Tills and cash/credit card/check and debit cards are all reconciling to the penny.

Just a thought but the default order shouldn't be changed until there is a release that allows for it.

Check your Payment order with this, the default order that Retail Man installs. (Note the Numbers are not shown in the Payments dialogue box, they are just to make reading easier)

No...PAYMENT NAME..A/C to Post to on Sales..A/C to Post to on Purchase
1.....CASH................Cash Drawer................Cash Drawer
2.....CHECK..............Bank Account...............Bank Account
3.....C/CARD............Cash Drawer................Credit Cards
4.....AMEX................Cash Drawer................Credit Cards
5.....DINERS.............Cash Drawer................Credit Cards
6.....EFTPOS.............Bank Account................Bank Account

I found this out after discussion with Sami, due to our own problem at the Tills.
Jaeger
Standard

Hello Allan

Postby raja » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:58 am

My problem is that the POS sales are posted to A/C 1302 instead of the Cash Drawer A/C 1001. I have not changed the order of payments in the payment set-up.When I post Purchase payments they are shown as credit in the 1001 A/C in the reports, but there is no debit side posting of daily sales. These sale payments go to A/C1302 so I cant telly the sales against payments at the end of the day.Many thanx for showing interest in my problem n hope that u may be able to help me out.Bye Allan with best wishes n regards,Raja
raja
Standard

Postby sami » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:35 am

Hi Raja, If you need us to solve the problem, you must have MSN on your system and have the latest MSN (7.5) with Windows XP, you can add our email address ezisolution@hotmail.com to your MSN and invite us using remote assistance. we can then log into your system and sort the problem out for you on the spot.
sami
Site Admin

Account Statements

Postby raja » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:32 am

Due to past upgrades,errors and wrongly posted POS sales to different accounts, my account statement balance especially the Cash Drawer are totally in a mess.If I balance with entry posting it still dosen't correct it.Is there any way that account data can be zeroed without removing other data i.e stock,sales,purchase etc.
The system is great but due to my inexperience and as there was no forum at the time(early last year) I have ended in this mess.I would like to start afresh say from 01-04-06.
Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.

Raja :cry:
raja
Standard

Postby sami » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:55 am

Hi Raja,

The only way to fix the accounting mess is to use the ENTRY VOUCHER in the accounting section, it is very simple to do. But even if you make a mistake, you just go back and modify. You may need to consult your accountant/bookkeeper.
The other option is to start a new copy of the program.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man