Barcode printing

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Barcode printing

Postby Charles Ombongi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi!

I'm not able to generate barcodes from rm 1.80.6, when you preview the part no, and item details and of course the printing of part no as barcode selected, all the details appear correctly when previewed except barcodes which appear in some funny characters, I have been using version 1.80.5 without problems. when printed using a laser jet printer it comes out very dark not even the item details appear on the labels

Please help

Charles
Charles Ombongi
Standard

Postby sami » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:47 am

Retail-Man Point of Sale software can be used to print bar code labels, as well as create a POS workstation.

The Barc128c(True Type) has to be installed before barcode labels can be printed. The steps below show how to check, and install the fonts if required.

1. Click on START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL to open the Control Panel.

2. Double click on FONTS icon. This will list out all the installed fonts, should include the Barc128c(True Type) font with a filename of barc128c.ttf.

3. If the required font is not installed, click on File > Install New Font.

4. Open the Retail Man folder, then choose the Barc128c(True Type) from the list of fonts.

5. Windows will tell you it has been installed, click OK. You should now be able to print barcodes.
sami
Site Admin

Re: Barcode printing

Postby gooner » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 pm

This has been a great help to me also sami, thanks for this. Been stuck doing my barcode label printing for about 2 weeks. Thought it was me but after going through these steps I found that im not actually going round the twist! Thanks again
gooner
Standard

Return to Retail-Man