PLZ HELP ME TO ENTER THE ITEMS IN STOCK to RMAN...

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

PLZ HELP ME TO ENTER THE ITEMS IN STOCK to RMAN...

Postby hasbro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:41 pm

hi sami...

im entering some stuffs using modify stock feature....but cant understand how it works...i mean item on hand has a (-) sign infront of the figure....so i dont know what to do...plz guide me thru the easiest way....

thnx
hasbro
Standard

Postby sami » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:02 pm

The items on hand is what the system thinks you have in stock, counted, is the qty of stock you have actually counted (the correct qty) and the qty is the difference between the two.

So if the system says you have -4 (on hand) of one item, but you actually have 2, then enter 2 in the counted column, this will make the total qty adjustment of 6.
sami
Site Admin

hi sami

Postby sallyc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:21 pm

i got the same problem like him, but i found that sometimes the system will prompt me a message that out of stock of some part no. especially when i am selling some packages with goods which are not on hand.

and the negative value of the part. no confused me too.
i dont understand what is the meaning of system think we still got some stock on hand??

please kindly help~
sallyc
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 pm

If you do not want the system to track your stock, just make the item as a service item (in the stock card).
If you do have a negative stock, it means you have been selling the item without buying it, you can do one of 2 things, raise a purchase invoice or do a stock qty adjustment to fix your stock count.
sami
Site Admin

Postby sallyc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 am

thank you, sami. you are so helpful^3^

but i am still confused.
coz some of the stock amount would not be deducted to be negative amount.
but some of them would be deducted due to out of stock issue.

actually, i want the programme allow me to issue invoice and deduct the stock amount (though it's negative value) to let me count how much good was paid but not prepared to customer.

thanks^^
sallyc
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm

You can allow the system to issue invoices with negative stock by going to Maintenance > System Setup > Sales Tab and un-tick the Block Sale if No Stock option and save, this will allow you to sell stock even if you do not have it on hand.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man