Canadian tester/willing to become an expert user/reseller

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Canadian tester/willing to become an expert user/reseller

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:41 am

Hi
I was testing the download version software today. It does handle Canadian tax (GST/PST) by combining them into say TAX (15%). Thanks for Sam's confirmation on that (very fast email response for only a prospective customers).

My first impression is good, since this is the only POS software so far that can print a 80X80 receipt properly without formatting via report writer (like BusinessVision and RetailPlus) which i have also tested.

BTW, this is also the only program that you can specify your own import fields and styles. all others makes it so complicated. BusinessVision doesn't even allow u to do that.

I had used BV 4 years ago, all data entry for 10,000 skus we have and the system was stolen during a break in to my hobby store. damm bastard. but you know what. I was giving up on POS until recently. This Retail Man is damn stable so far.

Sam or Graham,

I am now further testing the software at home on a notebook without actually attaching the serial receipt printer. When i hit print or any of the reprint button after a simulated transaction, it pops up a few error screen saying some .dbf not existing ask me to ignore/retry ...but at store today when i simulated the same, it print out no problem..

I wonder why ?

Will try again !!
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:17 am

these are the errors i had when i am not connecting to the serial printer. These message did not appear with a simulated transaction that i had when i was at my store this afternoon. Now I have the following error message appearing

c:\rman\skpos.dbf does not exist

i press ignore

Alias 'SKPOS' not found

i press ignore

Variable 'CDESC' not found

I press ignore another 4 times (the above message will appear)
until it goes back to normal.

And the transaction will be recorded, as the sale no/invoice no will be incremented by 1. (ie 1, 2, 3)
and when i use F7 POS list, it will show up. Only when i attempt to print a transaction after completion. These above errors will come out.

What do you think ?
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:34 am

When i hit cancel instead of ignore, the program will terminate/exit. no other error messages though. Hope this helps.

Is there anyway to put a logo file onto the header of the receipt..?
boytoys
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:22 am

Hello Boytoys,

Welcome to the forum.
The problem you are having on your notebook seem to be due to some missing files, to fix that, just download the latest version from www.ezisolution.com/rm_1_60_29.exe and install it on top of the current version you are running. By the way, the setup file can be used to refresh your old version, perform a new install, and fix corrupted files, (it doesn't cook your lunch though :D )
By the way, when you do copy files (or perform a backup), make sure all instances of Retail Man are closed, otherwise, open files may not copy properly.
sami
Site Admin

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Thanks. I am now working on the install at office to test all routines. I am impressed with some of the features.

I do run into a problem when trying to import a EXCEL .xls file. it keeps saying that there should be no space for the file name and reject my import and i already changed the filename as simple as 01.xls

Right now, i still cannot test with raw data from a XLS

Any idea ?
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:23 pm

boytoys wrote:Thanks. I am now working on the install at office to test all routines. I am impressed with some of the features.

I do run into a problem when trying to import a EXCEL .xls file. it keeps saying that there should be no space for the file name and reject my import and i already changed the filename as simple as 01.xls

Right now, i still cannot test with raw data from a XLS

Any idea ?

Never mind ! Got this one figured. transfer the file to c:\ instead
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Ok. With the real data. This POS looks good.

Next question, how do you do refund. I try to put a negative quantity (like -1) and it doesnot show up the tax column and calculation. (ie. it now excludes the tax)

Any idea ?
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:35 pm

sami wrote:Hello Boytoys,

Welcome to the forum.
The problem you are having on your notebook seem to be due to some missing files, to fix that, just download the latest version from www.ezisolution.com/rm_1_60_29.exe and install it on top of the current version you are running. By the way, the setup file can be used to refresh your old version, perform a new install, and fix corrupted files, (it doesn't cook your lunch though :D )
By the way, when you do copy files (or perform a backup), make sure all instances of Retail Man are closed, otherwise, open files may not copy properly.

I dont have the same errors with 60.29 version. It was fine at 60.28 at office. At my laptop, which i reinstall 60.29 just now, it still has the same errors.

I am currently remove all Retail Man with Control Panel and reinstalling from scratch and see if the problem still exists.

Will keep updated.
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm

boytoys wrote:
sami wrote:Hello Boytoys,

Welcome to the forum.

I dont have the same errors with 60.29 version. It was fine at 60.28 at office. At my laptop, which i reinstall 60.29 just now, it still has the same errors.

I am currently remove all Retail Man with Control Panel and reinstalling from scratch and see if the problem still exists.

Will keep updated.

OK, DELETING THE WHOLE and REINSTALL solves the problem.

DAY 2 testing this program is VERY POSITIVE

- PRINTER works
- IMPORT real live data from EXCEL works
- POS and receipt is very configurable.
As of today, i have not read the manual; i am impressed !!

DAY 3, tommorrow, I will read the manual and I will tweak the specifics on the DATA imported to the database and then looking into how the double entry journal systems and accounting will work for my store business.

SO FAR SO GOOD. I am looking to become a customer soon !!! Yeah !!
boytoys
Standard

Postby boytoys » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:27 pm

G'day mate
Is the manual going to be sent out after purchase ? or is it only PDF only ?

Rgds,
Daniel

(Used to live in Melb for 9 years)

now in Canada
boytoys
Standard

Postby sami » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi Daniel,

(Used to live in Melb for 9 years)

Nice place, but too cold there, nothing beats Western Australia.

Regarding the manual, we found the electronic form to be the best. its free, is quick for searching, and we keep it updated with the new and frequent upgrades.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man