Deleting various items

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Deleting various items

Postby inge » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:39 pm

How do I permanently delete suppliers, products and customers who are no longer required.
Any help would be appreciated.
inge
Standard

Postby capcollie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I want to ask exactly the same question. I have deleted some product entered in error but it still appears in the database but with a ~ character appended to the number and description. Can anyone help me out? I press F4 and am asked if I want to delete the product but it doesn't go completely and still shows on a stock lookup which is really annoying!
capcollie
Standard

Postby sami » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:05 am

The deleting of items does keep the items in the file but flagged as deleted.
We did this as a security feature so users can't delete items they sold and if they do, the system can still recall old invoices and show the item in question.
But we do have some clients who delete items on regular bases and do want them out of their system, so we will be adding a new feature to remove the deleted items once you do a files reindex and packing from the maintenance section.
sami
Site Admin

Re: Deleting various items

Postby inge » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:23 am

I have done a file reindexing. How do I check that things are permanently deleted? I want to delete old customers and products.
When I was doing a file reindexing I received a postings error report showing debits and credits, some negative and some plus figure. What do I do with this?
inge
Standard

Re: Deleting various items

Postby sami » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am

the permanent deleting features for stock, clients and suppliers is still not implemented in the system as of yet.
We are hoping to get this going by the end of this year.
As for the posting errors, you will need to fix those by going back to the transactions themselves and modifying its payments.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man