transfering form 1.7 to 1.81

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

transfering form 1.7 to 1.81

Postby Ozpont » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Guys.. been using Retailman for years now.. recently had issues with backups and figured I could or may as well update to the latest version which did last night..
Issue is.. .. is the transfer of information files as easy as "restoring data from backup" .. ??
Each time I go to do it.. the "restore from" button will guide me to the file location. .in this instance on a USB storage 1 gb memory stick.. but the Restore button only recognises a ZIP file.. which previously was just a list of open files.. and hence I can't upload..

What am I doing wrong...?? thanks...
DAVE
Ozpont
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi Dave,

You are not suppose to restore after the upgrade, the system keeps all of your data in there and will upgrade your files to the new version which is not compatible with the old one, so trying to do a restore from an older version to a newer one will cause problems.
sami
Site Admin

restoring

Postby Ozpont » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Sam... OK.. thanks for that.. then how does the system transfer over as it has not done so automatically after downloading the 1.8 program.. I have backed up the thousands of #'s and details on the 1.7 system but am paranoid about loosing data as every decent business owner is..
I did not see it stated anywhere that its a seemless transition etc..

Please advise on what steps to take to transfer data over...

Thanks
Dave
Ozpont
Standard

Postby sami » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:53 am

Hi Dave,

Maybe its better if we do the upgrade for you.
If your system is on the internet, just download and install a program called teamviewer from www.teamviewer.com , then give us your access code and password and we will be able to do the update for you.

You can send your details to helpdesk@ezisolution.com and we will let you know what is to be done.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man