Import reord Level

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Import reord Level

Postby ksugavanam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 am

Hi

I have set the reorder level and reorder quantities in an excel file which I would like to import into the master. Is there a way to do it?

Regards

K Sugavanam
ksugavanam
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

Yes you can do so from Maintenance > Data Export / Import
If you only want to import the re-order levels, then all what you need in your file is the part number and the reorder qty, then match this with the importing fields.
sami
Site Admin

Postby ksugavanam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I created a file with the part number in the 1st column and the reord level and reored qty as the 2nd and 3rd column. However, the system returns an error when I click on import and all the records seems to come and sit in the GUI. I wonder is there is a bug here.. I have already created the parts and I want to use the import option to only update the reord levels and qtys but this doesnt seem to work. Maybe you can try at your end and send me a sample csv format.

Regards

K Sugavanam
ksugavanam
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 am

Hi,

There are few issues which will cause a problem with the importing.

the first if you are importing from Excel, the new Excel files contain too many control characters and will confuse Rman, so I suggest saving the fils in CSV format (if you have not already done that)

The second issue is you have the file you are importing from open while you do the import, this will not work and will give you error messages. The program needs full access to the file so the file needs to be closed.

The third issue is the part number, make sure it is defined as text and not numeric, otherwise, Rman will not import properly.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man