Different prices for different quantities

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Different prices for different quantities

Postby harshy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:38 pm

Is there any way to enter different prices for different quantities of an item I/E: $1.50 for one, $2.50 for two items?
Also, would it be possible to enter beginning balances for customer loyalty points for those of us who are already using an award program?
Great program, I love it!
harshy
Standard

Postby smiley » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:31 pm

I think the answer in your question is in the Items Card form
where you can find three pricing options (Retail, Trade, Wholesale) each are linked to the quantity cells below them, so you can specify the retail price for that Item for quantity One, and trade price for quantity 2 and wholesale price for quantity 3

hope it helped you
smiley
Standard

Postby Jaeger » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:43 pm

Hello harshy,
Hi smiley,

smiley is right there is the option in the stock card to allow for quantity bought to change the sell price.
You also need to make your cutomers "Quantity Discount" type.
In the Customer Card see the right hand side and "Pricing" there is a drop down list for Retail, Trade, Wholesale and Qty Discount. Customers who are any other type will not get the offer when it is entered. (If you have a lot of customers details then you have a lot of amending to do, if so come back and give us a shout, Sami may be able to help you, or if he's OK with it I will.

I have had some discussion with Sami on this as it works on a wholesalers outlook where if you by 2 or more you get the better price.

Say - for your offer harshy, if the cutomer buys 2 then the price per item changes to $1.25 x 2 = $2.50. For this you would set (in the stock card) Trade Price 1.25 Qty 2.

As a retailer it doesn't do what I want as the offer (if it were in my store) is to encourage the customer to buy in quanties of 2? But the way the Quantity Discount currently works is that, if the customer were to buy 3 the price would be 3 x $1.25 = $3.75. Not 2 x $1.25 + 1 x $1.50 = $4.00.

Sami is looking at this but it's not such an easy one! :P

So in short, yes there is a quantity discount available and as long as you know how it works you should be able to deal with it. Hope that helps.

P.S. Have you sign the Poll, "Where are all the users from", yet?
See here...
http://www.eziforum.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=42

Best Regards
Jaeger
Standard

Multiple sale discounts

Postby harshy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:49 pm

Thanks to both of you for your input. I had previously tried the method you explained, but when I entered a quantity of 2 in the pos screen for amount, I got the wholesale price. I will try again.
I appreciate your rapid response.
harshy
Standard

Postby sami » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:52 am

We are currently looking at implementing the option for price / qty. This option seem to be required by more and more users, so we have moved it up the modification list.
sami
Site Admin

Multiple prices

Postby harshy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:46 pm

Good Job! Keep up the good work. :
harshy
Standard

Postby sami » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:47 pm

We have added the Bundle price option (eg. 3 for $2). It can be downloaded from www.ezisolution.com/rm_1_60_31a.exe but please note its still a beta version.
sami
Site Admin

Postby harshy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi Sami: Nice job. Thanks for adding this important feature. I am not quite sure how to get the bulk price block to work though. Nothing I have tried seems to work.
Thanks again for a wonderful program
Don Harshbarger :D
harshy
Standard

Postby sami » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi Don,

If you are talking about the new added price, just enter the Qty you want to sell and the price for that Qty, so for example, if you want to sell a qty of 3 for $2, just enter 3 in the qty and $2 under the price then save. When you sell, if the system sees a Qty and price in the added fields, it will revert to the new price.

However, if you are talking about the Retail / Trade / Wholesales prices, it works if either the client is on a Qty pricing otherwise, in the POS, you can enable the ALLOW QTY DISCOUNT option in MAINTENANCE > USER SETTINGS > SETTINGS > POS tab, then if the qty matches or exceeds the Qty entered in the STOCK CARD, under Trade or Wholesale, that price will apply.
sami
Site Admin

Postby Jaeger » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:19 am

Oh and Don, There's also a FANTASTIC Function added to prompt the user with a message.
See the stock card and on the bottom there's a new field. If this field has an entry, when the Item is sold the message in that field will be displayed to the user. So if you've got a Bundled Price on the Item when it's sold you could have a prompt to the user "This Item is on a Special Bundled Price 3 for the Price of 2. Don't forget to tell the customer!"

Give it a try.

It's also useful for other prompts like...

If you sell knives or 'age controlled' substances, like glue, cigarettes or anything at all that you want a message prompted for.

We're doing a promo with certain Handbags (OK forget the comments, yes I've heard them all before) so when the handbag is sold the user will be prompted "This bag offers a 10% Discount on any purse bought at the same time. Don't forget to tell the customer"

There will be hundreds of uses for it.
Thanks Sami for this one, it'll be used extensively our end.
Jaeger
Standard

Return to Retail-Man