Redeeming Loyalty Points

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Redeeming Loyalty Points

Postby justkiwi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 pm

I have set up the system as per tutorial re loyalty program including payments and identifying customer for loyalty. When required number of points accumulated a credit voucher was produced with those points deducted from customers total. All good. When customer next purchased on POS and wanted to redeem the voucher we were unable to enter in payments. How do you redeem the customer's voucher from their next purchase? What am I doing wrong? :(
justkiwi
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi,

You will need to create a Payment called Loyalty Points (or any other name you wish to call it), this is done from Maintenance > System Setup > Payments screen, (make sure to post the account to 8040- Discount Given)
Then change to the Loyalty Tab and choose the Loyalty Payment from the drop down option (you may have to save the new payment before you are able to choose the new payment type), then once all done, when the client comes back with a loyalty points voucher, you trat it as a normal payment and post it to the Loyalty Poits Payment
sami
Site Admin

Postby justkiwi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Set up Payment (Maint Menu) as follows:
Loyalty
A/C to set up on Sales - Discounts Given
A/C to set up on Purchases - left blank
Set up Loyalty (Maint Menu) as follows:
500.00 points
$50.00 60 days expiry
Payment - Loyalty
etc
Set up Add/Modify Client and ticked loyalty. Customer has 500 points after a voucher was produced
Processed sale ex POS - when finished F5 - customer paid $10 on $60 sale and payment screen would not let me go to Loyalty and enter in $50 as per voucher.
Your help is appreciated.
justkiwi
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:03 pm

If you get a small payment box when you press on the loyalty points pay button, then its working OK, but you will need to enter the loyalty Points Voucher number to be able to process the payment.
What version are you using?
sami
Site Admin

Postby justkiwi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:07 pm

OMG..you fixed it. I didn't realise you had to click on the loyalty payment box and was trying to 'tab' through it..I have grappled with this for days so thank you heaps.
justkiwi
Standard

Return to Retail-Man