Error of Pos refreshbtn line0

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Error of Pos refreshbtn line0

Postby sallyc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

i encounter such error when using POS system.
and i am wondering whether the system support the chinese characters.
please kindly advise
sallyc
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Rman should support Chinese.
What version are you using?
sami
Site Admin

Re: Error of Pos refreshbtn line0

Postby efusion » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Sami,

how do you actually enable chinese text support in Retailman? Anyone has luck with that?
I tried using NJSTAR, it can show chinese text but i have problem printing it on receipt and customer display. NJstar also cause problem for the barcode fonts.
efusion
Standard

Re: Error of Pos refreshbtn line0 (Chinese)

Postby graham » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello,

We are currently working on Chinese languague files for Retail-Man and Ezi Accounting. We hope that these will be available by the end of December. We will add instructions on how enter Chinese text.

You need to ensure that your Locale in Windows is set to Chinese. What drivers are you using for the receipt printer? Does this support Chinese?

There can be be issues printing bar-codes if the language settings are not for a Latin font. Youi may need to setup a workstation with a default language of English for printing bar-codes.

Graham Morris

Ezi Solution

efusion wrote:Hi Sami,

how do you actually enable chinese text support in Retailman? Anyone has luck with that?
I tried using NJSTAR, it can show chinese text but i have problem printing it on receipt and customer display. NJstar also cause problem for the barcode fonts.
graham
Site Admin

Re: Error of Pos refreshbtn line0

Postby nitrocid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Hello,

I'm having trouble with printing chinese characters on POS printer as well.
I've changed the system locale to Chinese (Hong Kong).
POS Printer: Epson TMU-220
Printer driver on Windows 7: Epson APD 4.12
When i enter the chinese characters into Retailman stock, it shows "??" and prints out "??" as well.
I'm quite sure that the printer driver does support traditional chinese character because it did print out chinese char from Quickbook POS.

Tried the beta chinese file. Not all the menus have been translated yet. The total in chinese prints out as error on receipt. Since its still in beta version, i guess i will wait a little longer.

I hope that displaying and printing out chinese characters (simplified or traditional) can be resolved soon. I have a lot of potential south america chinese customers who is interested in chinese pos system. I've tried retailman trial version and it looks simple and clean. Very promising except for the chinese characters problem.

Just an idea. Maybe you should make retailman into a multilingual POS system. Something like Aldelo restaurant POS that can switch menu language with just a press of a button. My customers like the Aldelo restaurant POS a lot because their spanish speaking employee can switch the menu to spanish and the chinese speaking employee can switch the menu to chinese. All with just a press of a button instead changing it in setting. In Central and South America, most of the people is either bilingual or multilingual. So, a multilingual retail POS is in demand here. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks.

Update: I'm able to print out some Chinese characters out on Epson TMU-220 by changing the print processor from winprint -> RAW to winprint ->TEXT. Still, some characters cannot be printed. Probably the data in print processor is incomplete considering chinese characters consist of thousand of characters. Unlike western alphabet which is only 26.
nitrocid
Standard

Error of Pos

Postby charsie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm

i encounter this error message

Error message :43
Error message: There is not enough memory to complete this operation
Program name:POS.SAVEDATA
Code with error

Please advice me on what to do.

Thank you,
Charles.