Upgrading from 1 User to 2 User

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Upgrading from 1 User to 2 User

Postby colmhe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi there,

Just looking for instructions on how to upgrade from a single user licence to a 2 user licence - i.e. to pay the balance beween the 2 licences??

Also been having some trouble running Retailman on Windows 7: at various stages it cannot find suppliers, "station", etc... and tends to crash at random intervals. Do I need to use the latest version of Retailman with Windows 7 for it to run smoothly or should it run ok with previous versions?

Regards,
Colm
colmhe
Standard

Re: Upgrading from 1 User to 2 User

Postby graham » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:00 am

Hi,

With a 2-user system, one computer will act as a server, holding the programs and data for both systems. The cost of additional users (POS station or workstation is USD100 per user). The details are on the web link below.

http://www.ezisolution.co.uk/upgrade_options.htm

On Windows 7, you should not be having these issues. Are you running Retail-Man as a user with administrative privilege? Also, you could try changing the properties of the Retail-Man program to Run as Administrator. Please see the Installation Manual for details.

http://www.ezisolution.co.uk/Docs/RMAN_Install_and_Upgrade.pdf

Do you have issues with other programs on Win 7? Try checking out the event logs to see if there are any info about the failures.

Graham Morris

Ezi Solution

colmhe wrote:Hi there,

Just looking for instructions on how to upgrade from a single user licence to a 2 user licence - i.e. to pay the balance beween the 2 licences??

Also been having some trouble running Retailman on Windows 7: at various stages it cannot find suppliers, "station", etc... and tends to crash at random intervals. Do I need to use the latest version of Retailman with Windows 7 for it to run smoothly or should it run ok with previous versions?

Regards,
Colm
graham
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man