Barcode scanner and Retail Man

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Barcode scanner and Retail Man

Postby capcollie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:16 pm

We have bought a 4 licence version of Retail Man along with the recommended Metrologic Voyager 9520 barcode scanner. We have no information from either vendor (hardware or software) of how to set it up for use with Retail Man. We have it working on the counter PC (USB version) and it is identifying barcodes no problem but all it manages to do in Retail Man is trigger off whichever menu is highlighted on the button menu bar. In other words, it seems to be acting as an 'Enter' key.

Surely we're not the only people to have trouble in this area? Could you shed any light on configuration as right now we are wishing we hadn't invested!
capcollie
Standard

Postby capcollie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:02 pm

We've sorted it! Bar code reader needs to generate a CR (carriage return) after scanning number - that's the hardware side. On the software side, go into user settings, choose the user (although you'll have to do this for all your users) and go to settings. Click the POS tab and change all the screen settings fields to read 'skip'. When you then scan a product into the POS screen, it will move down a line ready for the next product scan. Cool...

Now we're happy again!
capcollie
Standard

Thank You

Postby capretail » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 am

I'm also facing same problem...Thanks for your information It solved my issue..Any tips and updates please share with us..
capretail
Standard

Postby sami » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:10 pm

if the barcode reader is reading ok from outside Rman, then it should work fine in Rman, just make sure the cursor in on the part number field when you scan
sami
Site Admin

Re: Barcode scanner and Retail Man

Postby alainapeterson » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 pm

I used it little but i really do not know about this problem, it is good if you get an idea in advance about such problems. Thanks your post will definitely help us the uers like me who dd not have any basic idea about this generic problem.

pos | EPOS | retail management | inventory software
alainapeterson
Standard

Return to Retail-Man