Retail Man Installation on VISTA

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Retail Man Installation on VISTA

Postby sami » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:42 am

The new VISTA operation system has more security features than the previous Windows versions, so to properly install Retail Man on VISTA, all what you have to do is locate the setup program you have downloaded from our web site, then RIGHT CLICK on that setup file and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option.

Otherwise, you will see the install starting and then disappearing.
sami
Site Admin

Installation on Windows Vista and Windows 7

Postby graham » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:02 pm

After installation on Windows Vista, or 7 there may be issues on some systems unless the properties of the RMan.exe file are changed.

Run Windows Explorer or open the Computer icon
    Open the folder when Retail-Man is installed, e.g. C:\Apps\Rman
    Right click on the RMan.exe file or RMan icon
    Click on Compatibility tab
    Click on the box by Run this program as administrator
    Click on OK button

When Retail-Man is started, there may be a dialogue box from User Account Control. Click on the Allow (I trust this program) option. This may have to be done each time the program is run. Please be aware that the diaglogue box can sometimes be hidden behind some windows.

Graham Morris
Ezi Solution
graham
Site Admin

Postby capretail » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks Graham for your inputs. That solved my problem.
capretail
Standard

Postby Intense Health » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 am

I once installed the trial version on my PC, after purchasing the Key, uninstalled it for fresh inatallation. Then it refused to install on my PC again. The PC is running on Vista operating system. Pls what can I do its urgent please.

Shina
Intense Health
Standard

Re: Retail Man Installation on VISTA

Postby Intense Health » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 pm

sami wrote:The new VISTA operation system has more security features than the previous Windows versions, so to properly install Retail Man on VISTA, all what you have to do is locate the setup program you have downloaded from our web site, then RIGHT CLICK on that setup file and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option.

Otherwise, you will see the install starting and then disappearing.

Thanks so much you have solve my problem.
Intense Health
Standard

Report print out on Vista

Postby brunel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi, Am experimenting with an install on Vista, which runs fine until I do a pos report (rep_pos1.frx unmodified) the very last text characters don't show. so the value instead of being £300.50 is £300. Version is 1.80.73. thanks and screen resolution is 1024 x 768. Nick at Brunel
brunel
Standard

Solution

Postby brunel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Have solved issue, it was purely to do with the default (not pos) printer page setup.
brunel
Standard

Return to Retail-Man