profit margin

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

profit margin

Postby Mohammed Amin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 am

Good morning Graham,
Can't figure out the profit margin pls look at attachment 1,first one shows when selling 1 item selling price ,cost price and percent profit is right.
attachment 2 shows difference when selling same item twice where the cost stays the same but selling price and profit margin goes up,
this doesn't happen with non vat products see attachment 3 and 4 pls explain how I can work out what my true margin is

kind regards
Amin
Mohammed Amin
Standard

Re: profit margin

Postby MAINA » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 pm

i v bn experiencing the same problem. urgent help required

peter
MAINA
Standard

Postby sami » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am

You will need to mention the version number of the program.
Some causes fro this discrepancy could be stock has run out when you sold the next time or you may have entered a purchase (even at the same cost price) between both sales, or there is a bug in the system that needs to be investigated.
sami
Site Admin

Postby Mohammed Amin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I am using 1.81.71 i have also tried the same thing on the latest version and getting the same result.
This problem is only with VAT products I get the right profit margin result with non VAT products.
Thanks
Amin
Mohammed Amin
Standard

Postby graham » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 am

Sorry for the late reply.

I suggest that you need to check the way that you deal with VAT / Local Sales Tax. I recommend defining all prices to be exclusive of tax. Retail-Man then needs to add the tax at the time of the sale. This will happen if the Tax Inclusive box is not ticked under Edit Client for Cash and for each customer.

You need to check the tax on the purchases. This should be similar to that on sales, so the Tax Inclusive box on Edit Supplier should not be ticked.

What version of Retail-Man are you using? I suggest that you upgrade if you are using an older version. Version 1.90.8 has recently been released.

Graham Morris

Ezi Solution
graham
Site Admin

Postby MAINA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks Sami, my profit margin problem is sorted out.However, another problem occured. How do i get the nett prices of each single item sold shown on the invoice. My invoces shows only gross prices of each item and the total deductable vat amt at the foot of the item list. Does it mean that when one wants to know the nett cost of any single item will have to calculate? or am i missing something?

Similarly,how do you get vat inclusive price/cost list from the stock enquiry coz when i check the boxes i still get vat exclusive price/cost list.

Kindly advice

Maina
MAINA
Standard

Return to Retail-Man