Stock adjust

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Stock adjust

Postby fengu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:29 am

i am new to Retail-man, when i set up the system the stock number is not accurate. actually it is more then actual. now i have counted the stock and made adjustment of stock through "stock qty adjustment" the posting account i choose is stock on hand. but when i print the balance sheet report the stock on hand is still the same although the stock qty is correct for POS purpose. What did i do wrong, can anyone help me? thanks in advance.
fengu
fengu
Standard

Re: Stock adjust

Postby graham » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Please see the link below for details on how to add initial stock. I hope that this helps. Note that when you define items of stock, there is no stock control for Item Types of Service Items. These are intended for services or where items sold do not have a physical stock. You will need to specify an Item Type of Stock for all items that need stock control.

http://www.ezisolution.co.uk/Docs/Adding_Initial_Stock.pdf

Graham Morris

Ezi Solution
graham
Site Admin

Adding product quantities to Retailman

Postby capcolliedog » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:23 pm

We have just entered our product details via an Excel spreadsheet. We are now wanting to adjust quite a lot of the product quantities but can see no quick way of doing this. We can't find any concise details on how to proceed either on the forum or in the user manual. Surely this is a fundamental function of an EPOS system? Am I missing something that's staring me in the face?!!

We are a small shop using one terminal so the set up is not complicated. We just want to use Retailman in its simplest form, adding stock as it is delivered. We don't even need to set up suppliers - we just want to know what we've got in at any given time.

Hoping someone can help, otherwise it might be we've bought the wrong software product :(
capcolliedog
Standard

Postby MaddMatt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 am

I am using RMAN for a chain of retail stores and would be happy to help. At it's core, it's simply a matter of getting stock into the system. I have used the purchase order function with great success. I set up the supplier, in my case, as one of our stores, an actual supplier, or our warehouse. It is quick and easy to add lots of stock at a time or even take stock out
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby MaddMatt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 am

Oh, and once you've entered 40 or 50 items, you can just hit <shift-f12> and print all the labels. Then hit save and the items are in inventory ready to sell!
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby capcolliedog » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Very grateful for your offer Matt. Have spent some time setting up suppliers and getting to understand the posting to accounts side of things. I guess we've bought some functionality that we don't need but are also finding that some of the tasks we thought would be simple are quite complicated because of the accounting side of RM.

Will probably be in touch soon my friend!

Simon
capcolliedog
Standard

Postby MaddMatt » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah, our accountant is still wrapping his head around that side of things. In the mean time, we are using the POS. It seems like the more I use it, the simpler it gets. We have inputted over 1000 items in the last few weeks and continue to get faster.

I have also found all sorts of cool little features that I didn't know about like the auto product reorder lists, date specific sales, and the TONS of reports available.

LEt me know if I can help!

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby alainapeterson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 pm

A stock adjustment is used to adjust the stock on hand quantity up or down. Stock adjustments can also be used to re-value stock (write-up or write-down). Before entering transactions refer to General Transaction Notes.
______
Retail
alainapeterson
Standard

Return to Retail-Man