Use in Bar

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Use in Bar

Postby dv8inpp » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 pm

I see that Retailman can be used in a restaurant, and I have read a bit about how to handle situations similar to buying a box of pens and selling them individually but I am unclear how to do this.

I wish to use the system in a bar, in the bar we buy most items by the bottle and sell be the glass, is there anyway to do this? Sometimes the bottles are different sizes so the number of drinks per bottle changes.

The way I had thought of doing this is to convert the bottle into servings and then enter them into the system that way.

IE a $10 1L bottle has 25 servings at a cost of $0.40 each. This means two conversion steps one when entering stock and one when doing a stock take.

Is there an easier way to do this.

Also is there anyway to split the bill.
dv8inpp
Standard

Re: Use in Bar

Postby sami » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 am

the new version has a new stock type called KIT, this will allow you to do what you need as follows:
1 - Create a stock item for the drink of bottle
2 - Create a Stock item for the drink and make it a kit (choose Kit from the item type field), then in the Item Content Tab, enter the part number of the bottle and the amount in fractions.

Now you can sell item 2 and it will automatically deduct from the bottle.
We are working on the bill splitting.
sami
Site Admin

Return to Retail-Man