Modifying POS receipt?

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Modifying POS receipt?

Postby cdisxm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 am

Hi,

We are evaluating RMAN, and looks good so far.
I noticed old versions could not modify the POS receipt.
Have you opened up the POS receipts for user modification as yet?

Thanks in advance
cdisxm
Standard

Re: Modifying POS receipt?

Postby MaddMatt » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 am

What kind of modifications are you looking to do?

I know you can add a custom saying, the employee's name and more.....

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby cdisxm » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Would like the POS receipt not to be hard coded and have the same ability as we have to edit invoices, i.e. font, positioning, etc. Would also like the second currency used to pay appear with the exchange rate when paying in foreign currency as well as the local currency equivalent.

We are presently being faced with a tax system overhaul and more changes are imminent, so we need the flexibility to modify as required.

Hope that clarifies things.
cdisxm
Standard

Postby sami » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 am

We have added the ability to modify the pos receipt in version 1.90.91 and above.
sami
Site Admin

Postby Mahabir » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:08 am

Where do we go to modify the recipt?
Mahabir
Standard

Postby sami » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am

go to Maintenance > system Setup > POS and clickon the small button next to the Format file Name (make sure the Print as Invoice flag is un-ticked), you will see a file named CashSales.POS, choose it, then click on the Edit button next to it, which will allow you to modify the format file.
The file has the data dictionary, so you need to make sure to enter the variable correctly.

If the file in not there, please email me on helpdesk@ezisolution.com and I will email it to you.
You may also need to upgrade to the latest version which is found on www.ezisolution.com/rm_1_90.exe this is the latest version 1.90.93
sami
Site Admin

Postby MaddMatt » Fri May 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the help with the receipt. Is there a similar editing tool for labels as well?

I would like to make the barcode bigger and the font smaller. My scanner has issues reading the barcode at times and the complete product title gets cut off many times. I would also love the ability to add a group or other details to the label so my employees know they are putting the right label on the right product.

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Return to Retail-Man