Hi AM NEW TO RMAN AND POS AND I NEED HELP HERE

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

Hi AM NEW TO RMAN AND POS AND I NEED HELP HERE

Postby cecom » Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 pm

PLS SOMEONE SHOULD HELP EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT EXACTLY A BARCODE PRINTER, BARCODE SCANNER, RECEIPT PRINTER AND A CASH DRAWER. ALSO HOW THEY ARE USED TOGETHER.
ALSO CAN I USE ONLY THESE HARDWARES MENTIONED TOGETHER WITH RMAN ON MY PC TO RUN AS MY POS TERMINAL?

LET SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN DO THIS IF I HAVE ALL THE MATERIALS TOGETHER.
cecom
Standard

Re: Hi AM NEW TO RMAN AND POS AND I NEED HELP HERE

Postby MaddMatt » Fri May 27, 2011 3:05 am

First off, turn off your caps lock :) I am not sure if this is a joke or not but I'll try to be helpful.

A barcode scanner is usually a handheld wand that shoots out a laser that reads the barcodes on products for sale

The barcode printer is basically a label printer that is used to print out labels with the barcode and product information on them.

Cash drawer and receipt printer are pretty self explanatory. One is where the money goes and the other prints up a record of the customer's transaction on a slip of paper.

They usually all attach to the computer via USB ports and the Point of Sale Software like RetailMan will utilize them to run a store, restaurant or whatever. After testing RMAN for the last few months and using it in person for the last few weeks, I can say that it is close to perfect. You can track inventory, profits, tax collected and much more

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby cecom » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks Maddmatt for your reply and pls this is not a joke. i am just a novice on this one and i hope you can still help me out here.
what exactly is a barcode.
Is the barcode found on the Label?
I unnderstand the Label can be generated by RMAN. if so can i print the label with my ordinary deskjet printer which is attached to my PC.
how can one generate the labels on RMAN cause i have the evaluation copy now installed.

at what point do you need to input your stock and do you do it one by one for every item of stock in your store.

Thanks once again for your help
cecom
Standard

Postby MaddMatt » Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 am

The barcode is printed on the label and it's the black lines of different thicknesses in a little rectangle that represent the 12 digit part number. You can print the barcode right from rman on your inkjet or laser printer. In my case we use a special label printer as we print alot of them.

If you want to practice printing labels, the first thing you have to do is install the font. There is a copy of it in the RMAN folder, BARC128c. TO see what it would look like you can got to the purchase order screen and place the blue cursor or box in the first product line. THen press F8 and lookup the swiss army knife and hit search. Press enter to place it on the purchase order. Then a Shift f12 will pull up the label printing box and you can do a sample on the screen.

I did that from memory so if I missed something, play with it a little. You may need to select which printer you'll use for labels from the Maintenance-hardware setup menu....

Play around with RMAn and you'll find ALOT to love

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Return to Retail-Man