exporting sales data

Discussions, hints and tips for users of Retail-Man Point of Sale, from Ezi Solution.

Moderators: sami, graham

exporting sales data

Postby handleshop » Wed May 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Just evaluating retailman software and would like to know if it is possible to export just sales data in csv form.

ta

Alan
handleshop
Standard

Re: exporting sales data

Postby MaddMatt » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 am

Hey Alan,

I would love to help but I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to do?

Is it a report that you want to export? Explain it a little more and I'll try to figure it out

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby handleshop » Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 am

MaddMatt wrote:Hey Alan,

I would love to help but I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to do?

Is it a report that you want to export? Explain it a little more and I'll try to figure it out

MM

I want to import the sales data into Sage.

ta

Alan
handleshop
Standard

Postby MaddMatt » Thu May 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks Alan. I guess I am just not getting it. With all the accounting features built in to RMAN, you want to export it to another piece of software?

That being said, our accountant uses Excel Spreadsheets to keep everything straight between all our stores. He enters that data off of the sales sheets our managers print for him every night. He records sales tax, total sales, sales by stock group and a few others. With the three stores, it takes him a few hours per week to input the data.

Although there are a number of export features built in to the RMAN software, I don't think you can with sales. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong though! :)

MM
MaddMatt
Standard

Postby handleshop » Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Thanks Alan. I guess I am just not getting it. With all the accounting features built in to RMAN, you want to export it to another piece of software?

That being said, our accountant uses Excel Spreadsheets to keep everything straight between all our stores. He enters that data off of the sales sheets our managers print for him every night. He records sales tax, total sales, sales by stock group and a few others. With the three stores, it takes him a few hours per week to input the data.

Although there are a number of export features built in to the RMAN software, I don't think you can with sales. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong though! :)

MM

Yes we have used Sage for years now and are very happy with it all we need is a csv file with customer, invoice no,net amount and tax amount.

Alan
handleshop
Standard

Return to Retail-Man